Created based on the very latest mobile gaming trends and developed using cutting-edge technology, this new smartphone interface combines the best of the provider’s full-screen video streaming with a new portrait mode tailor-made for live roulette players.
Over the summer, the team behind Authentic Gaming has been hard at work developing and fine-tuning “the next generation mobile live roulette experience”, officially known as Hydra Mobile 2.0.
As one of 2018’s standout game providers, we anticipated great improvements to their smartphone offering. So, what’s changed and how does it impact your gameplay? We’ll list the specifics first before trying it out for ourselves, and telling you what we think.
Main enhancements to both the portrait and the mobile interface include:
- A brand new, modern and clean design that puts the player needs first.
- A totally refreshed mobile user interface built using the latest in mobile technology.
- The live roulette stream consistently visible in both landscape and portrait mode.
- An entirely new chip rack design that makes chip selection and switching easier.
- Smooth transition from portrait to landscape mode, and vice versa.
Let’s begin with the classic Authentic Gaming landscape mode you’re familiar with. It’s kept some similarities but comes in an entirely newly designed UI. In short, this is what’s been updated:
- A modernised and simplified version of the mobile user look and feel for a greater user experience all-round.
- A prominent status bar to clearly highlight key player instructions such as ‘place bets’ and ‘final bets‘.
- Refreshed buttons, menus and a newly-designed chip rack that improves ease of playing.
We keep our phone set to portrait mode – it’s just a matter of personal preference – so we were most excited to test this version out. Its major differences are:
- The video stream and betting layout adapt to the state of the game.
- The stream and full betting layout are always visible.
- The stream is small while betting is open and larger once betting time closes.
So, what’s Hydra 2.0 really like?
We put Authentic’s new mobile interface to the test on their Foxwoods table at LeoVegas (they’ve not yet officially launched in the UK, FYI).
Overall, it is indeed quite clean. In portrait mode, the stream sits across the top while the betting layout appears beneath it. The automatic adjustment of the stream during betting time did make placing our chips easier, and switching between the virtual surface and the racetrack is intuitive using the racetrack button.
We chose to place a bet on the Orphelins Cheval section of the racetrack, and as the ball landed on 17, we walked away with €72. Not bad for our first experience with this new design!
Some improvements such as the addition of features like save bets, max bet and auto bet that are currently only available on desktop would be more than welcome. All in all, we’re quite impressed.
About Authentic Gaming
Authentic Gaming is a superior supplier that specialises in live roulette streams from casinos and studios from around the world. Recently entering the UK market, this provider is definitely leading the way in terms of little wheel streams with premium locations and innovative titles brought to your screen using the latest technology.
Image source: Authentic Gaming
Visit us again for all the latest news on Authentic Gaming and other providers. Be sure to check back with us for the latest in iGaming news, reviews and best offers. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive updates too!